Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Off to the Doctor

This first bit is short. I'll update it later today when I get back home, and have had to time put my thoughts into better order.

I slept in this morning, as did my wife. While I wait for her as she scrambles madly around getting ready, I thought I'd tap out a few preliminary thoughts.

It has been an interesting process, going through the pre-natal and post-natal care in two entirely different countries. This morning we're off to the hospital for the first ultrasound, scheduled out here after the first trimester, long after the first ultrasound would have occurred back home, and absent any of the tests that are mandatory in Canada, where, after 18 weeks, doctors are keen on learning whether your child to be might have Down Syndrome, or some other developmental affliction. Here you do not have that option, and as to why, I'll go into that later, but suffice it to say that the explanation is long and tied to a number of factors.

I got special dispensation to be late this morning, but the clock is still a ticking.

So we're off. I'll post an update later.

No comments:

Post a Comment