Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Astra, Bill, & Stella (III of XII)

-The highest of low art , the lowest of high art-

EXEMPTORY EXEMPTIONS Presents

a Jimmy O’Fool Production:

Astra, Bill, & Stella in “Roy's Barbershop Quartet : A Small-Town Love Quadrangle”

A Sonnet Cycle

Astra loves Bill...
Bill loves Stella...
Stella loves Astra...
and Roy...
Who knows what he’s up to?


III of XII

"Please help me Roy," Astra asked the next day.
And seeing her face, so sad and forlorn
it took me an age to think what to say.
"Oh Astra, dear, please don’t think this is scorn,
the problem you have is trying too much.
You're pretty, and sweet, a genuine pearl,
but the one thing you lack is a soft touch,
and our Billy, you see, likes a soft girl."
"I can change," Astra said, "Whatever it takes.
Just say what to be - I'll give it a try.
I'll do it for my, for both of our sakes.
If I made him smile, my heart would just fly."
"Now Astra," I said, "You reign in that hope
before this whole place becomes a bad soap."

No comments:

Post a Comment