Monday, May 11, 2009

Astra, Bill, & Stella (VIII of XII)

-The highest of low art , the lowest of high art-

EXEMPTORY EXEMPTIONS Presents

a Jimmy O’Fool Production:

Astra, Bill, & Stella in “Roy's Barbershop Quartet : A Small-Town Love Quadrangle”

A Sonnet Cycle

Astra loves Bill...
Bill loves Stella...
Stella loves Astra...
and Roy...
Who knows what he’s up to?


VIII of XII

“Bill, you see, Stella don’t want a man.
Choose someone else, give another the nod.”
“Roy, don’t you fret, because I’ve got a plan.
There’s ways to win a girl-liking broad –
All that she needs is a hard-driving rod!
One little taste and I know that she’ll switch.
She’ll be hungry for my hot, sweaty bod.”
“Now Bill, I don’t know ‘bout scratching this itch.
When she gets mad, she can be quite a witch.
That hard-headed girl just doesn’t want you.”
“Roy, my friend, she just acts like a bitch.”
“Bill it ain’t right! You just know that’s not true.”
“Hey now, friend. Or are you my enemy?”
“Bill I’m just trying to help you to see.”

No comments:

Post a Comment