Friday, May 8, 2009

Astra, Bill, & Stella (VI of XII)

-The highest of low art , the lowest of high art-

EXEMPTORY EXEMPTIONS Presents

a Jimmy O’Fool Production:

Astra, Bill, & Stella in “Roy's Barbershop Quartet : A Small-Town Love Quadrangle”

A Sonnet Cycle

Astra loves Bill...
Bill loves Stella...
Stella loves Astra...
and Roy...
Who knows what he’s up to?


VI of XII

"Good morning Stella," I said when she came,
"So what bring you here to grace this rough place?
Something important I can see by your face.
What's up, my classy, world-weary dame?"
"Stuff it!," she said, with a look meant to maim.
"Call off your Bill, 'fore I beat in his face,
'cause I've had enough of his foolish chase.
Stop him, I swear, or I won't be to blame."
"Stella, my dear, will you calm down a bit?
He's still a young man, and he's got a good heart."
"Hrrmph!," Stella chirped. "He's a moronic tool!
Clumsy and crude, and a dumb little twit."
"Hey Stella," I said, "Now don't even start.
Keep on like this and you'll look like a fool!"

No comments:

Post a Comment