Monday, May 4, 2009

Astra, Bill, & Stella (II of XII)

-The highest of low art , the lowest of high art-

EXEMPTORY EXEMPTIONS Presents

a Jimmy O’Fool Production:

Astra, Bill, & Stella in “Roy's Barbershop Quartet : A Small-Town Love Quadrangle”

A Sonnet Cycle

Astra loves Bill...
Bill loves Stella...
Stella loves Astra...
and Roy...
Who knows what he’s up to?


II of XII

“Oh Lord, oh my Lord, good God up on high.
That face, that hair, those glorious eyes!
Hey Roy! Come and look! Watch Stella walk by.
Those breasts, that rear, and those lips, hands and thighs?
No way in Hell that your blood wouldn't rise.
Roy, come on, and just look out your window,
she stands on the Earth, but comes from the skies.
You know, I would like to ask her out - though
I'm sure she'd laugh, shake her head and say no.
But how'd she taste if I gave her a kiss?
I've gotta act now, I just gotta know.
No choice now Roy, it's a chance I can't miss."
"Hey Bill," I said. "Give your head a shake, pal.
That girl don't want guys, she wants a gal."

No comments:

Post a Comment