Friday, May 15, 2009

Astra, Bill, & Stella (XII of XII)

-The highest of low art , the lowest of high art-

EXEMPTORY EXEMPTIONS Presents

a Jimmy O’Fool Production:

Astra, Bill, & Stella in “Roy's Barbershop Quartet : A Small-Town Love Quadrangle”

A Sonnet Cycle

Astra loves Bill...
Bill loves Stella...
Stella loves Astra...
and Roy...
Who knows what he’s up to?


XII of XII

"Did you see that, Roy? Did you? Holding hands!"
"Bill, yesiree I did see, like I said -
she don’t want a guy, she had other plans."
"But what will I do, my love is now dead?"
"What we need Bill, is to get you to bed.
I got one in the back that you can use.
Good, that's good. Take off this shirt, rest your head.
Now let your pal Roy take care of those blues."
"Roy! What's hap-? , what are-?. Was it all a ruse?"
"Hush, there, my Bill. Close your eyes and lie flat.
Forget about her. Let's take off your shoes.
Well, what have we here, Bill, just what is that?"
Stella got Astra, which was quite a thrill.
But now I can say that I got my Bill.

--------

That there's the end, there’s no more to see
So y'all just get on, and leave us be.
But I hope there’s one thing
you’ve learned of my store -
Come to Roy's Barbershop...
...for haircuts and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment