Sunday, May 10, 2009

Astra, Bill, & Stella (Musical Interlude: Roy's Lament)

-The highest of low art , the lowest of high art-

EXEMPTORY EXEMPTIONS Presents

a Jimmy O’Fool Production:

Astra, Bill, & Stella in “Roy's Barbershop Quartet : A Small-Town Love Quadrangle”

A Sonnet Cycle

Astra loves Bill...
Bill loves Stella...
Stella loves Astra...
and Roy...
Who knows what he’s up to?


Musical Interlude: Roy’s Lament

Some call me Roy, or Royson, or Royal.
(The last if they’ve no wish for life.)
I’ve been in this place a very long time,
Cutting hair and dispensing advice.
I’m the wealthiest, healthiest man in the town,
And everyone stops by my place.
I’ve learned all their stories one by one in those chairs
Their lives and their joys and their pains.
Most often I know just what to do,
But not now…
Everywhere that I look, everywhere that I see
There’s nobody...
nooooobody...
nooooobody...
for me.

...What is a man to do??

No comments:

Post a Comment