Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Going to the Library

Or will be, soon, for some people.

The Toronto Public Library now allows members to check out books online, as in e-books, audiobooks, music, and movies.

Makes me wish I still had my library card handy. Then again, I'd have to be a tax-paying citizen of Canada to enjoy that privilege, whereas I'm currently a tax-avoiding resident of Dubai.

I could always go to a local library... (wait, now, don't laugh too hard!)

Actually, I am pretty pumped about the opening a new library just down the road from where I live. When it opens, it will be the first Dubai library I will have entered. I know there are a few branches out there, but I haven't had the time to search for them.

Here's hoping the Dubai library system gets on the e-book bandwagon also.

No comments:

Post a Comment